Rest Ministries is the sponsor of National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week!
- Right click on the badge to download
- Link it back to this web site at this link: http://invisibleillness.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/are-you-blogging-for-invisible-illness-week-awareness
- Then write your blog posting.
- Come back to this web site and in the comments section, tell us about it! Share your title, topic/description and link.
Each day through Sept 14th we will be choosing a blog to feature on the Invisible Illness Week Blog. You will get loads of exposure, and we hope to also inform, educate, and encourage others. A few ideas to write about:
- Remember that not all of your posts have to have the "it's so not fair" tone. Write your "best advice" to others who feel invalidated. How have you learned to get past the remarks people have made?
- Don't forget families and what they also cope with when one of their members has an illness. And how is it being invisible easier/more difficult for them? For example, if Dad's illness is invisible, does your son have to cope with his friends wondering why his Dad never participates in the father/son baseball game?
- Remember caregivers. Any thanks, thoughts?
- Remember all the aspects of living with invisible illness. Being a parent, a spouse, an adult child (who is maybe a caregiver too), a neighbor, etc.
- Don't forget about all the kids who have illness too!
- Cancer can be an invisible illness, as are things like eating disorders, mental illness and the list goes on.
- Got others? Share them!
IMPORTANT: We hope to blow those Google Alerts apart with blogs all over the internet posting about invisible illness issues.
Remember that with most blogging programs you can even write it in advance and have your post published on September 8th.
Can you commit for us to blogging on September 8th on a topic about illness or invisible illness? We want to keep track, so please let us know by clicking here and giving us your blog link.